Call for Papers
June 19-20, 2017, London, UK
IEEE is the Technical Co-Sponsor (TCS) of the International Conference on Cyber Incident Response, Coordination, Containment & Control (Cyber Incident 2017) is an international refereed conference dedicated to the advancement of Cyber Incident Response, Coordination, Containment and Control.
The aim of the Cyber Incident 2017 is to encourage participation and promotion of collaborative scientific, industrial and academic inter-workings among individual researchers, practitioners, members of existing associations, academia, standardisation bodies, and including government departments and agencies. The purpose is to build bridges between academia and industry, and to encourage interplay of different cultures.
Cyber Incident 2017 invites researchers and industry practitioners to submit papers that encompass principles, analysis, design, methods and applications. All submitted papers are independently peer-reviewed.
The conference proceedings will be submitted for consideration for publishing and listing on the following bibliographic indexes: IEEE Computer Society Digital Library, IEEE Xplore Digital Library, DBLP Computer Science, Scopus, CiteSeerX, Computer Science Index, EI Compendex, Academic Search Complete, CiteULike, Google Scholar & Microsoft Academic Search.
The organisers will accept registration of up to 5 IEEE UK&I Student and YP Members at 75% discounted rate, and will offer up to 20% registration discounts for all IEEE, BCS, IET & IISP members.
Cyber Incident 2017 is co-located with other conferences as part of Cyber Science 2017.
· Posters will be presented during the conference.
· Industry track is available for discussing and publishing pilot and proof of concepts.
· Work in Progress track is available for preliminary work.
· Research Ideas track is available for ideas in early stages assessment.
· PhD Seminar track is available for discussing and publishing early PhD thesis research.
Due to numerous requests, the deadline for all paper submissions, that is, both full papers and extended abstracts for Poster, WIP, PoC, Research Idea and PhD Seminar presentations has now been extended to 28th February 2017.
All Industry track, Work in Progress track, Research Ideas track and PhD Seminar track will be published in the conference proceedings. Interested participants, please submit your proposal using the online submission system hosted by Easychair Conference Portal.
Full paper submission should be via Easychair Conference Portal.
Topics of Interest
Original papers are invited on recent advances in Cyber incident response, coordination, containment and control, and including risk management, risk-based decision, prioritisation, conditionality and proportionality. The topics in Cyber Incident 2017 include but not limited to:
Cyber Incident Response
· Cyber Incident Analysis
· Cyber Incident Triage
· Cyber Incident Correlation and Assessment
· Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
· Handling and Handling Process
· Cyber Incident Management
· Decision Control
· Emergence Services
· Risk Management
· Decision Making
· Risk-Based Decision
· Human in the Loop
Preparedness & Readiness
· Processes and Procedures
· Policy and Standards
· Emergency Services
· Chain of Custody
· Forensic Readiness and Investigations
· Cyber Incident Notification and Announcements
· Cyber Incident Management Tool
· Framework and Methodology
· Expertise, Skills, Knowledge and Resource
· Maturity Model and Goal Setting
· Certification and Accreditation
· Memberships to Cyber Incident Responders, Incident Response Organisation
· Rule-Based Systems
· Expert Systems
· Adaptive Learning Systems
· Predictive Systems
· The use of Biometrics to aid Forensic Investigations
· Speak, audio and voice Recognition for forensics
· Correlation and cross-correlation for Incident Analysis
· Cross-Domain Analysis
· Cross-Channel Incident Analysis
· Multi-domain Analysis
All the accepted papers will appear in the proceedings!
The best paper of each section will be selected and their author(s) will receive a corresponding Award Certificate.
Authors of the Best 20%-25% papers presented at the conference will be invited to adapt their papers for their publication in one of the special issues peer reviewed journals.
- Cyber Incident 2016: International Conference on Cyber Incident Response, Coordination, Containment & Control, held at the Stranton Suite, Holiday Inn Mayfair, London, UK on 13-14 June 2016
- Cyber Incident 2015: International Conference on Cyber Incident Response, Coordination, Containment & Control, held at the Hotel Russell, Central London, UK on 7-8 June 2015